Monday, October 03, 2005

Another Mnemonic for Pain

The mnemonic "CLITORIS" can be helpful in the evaluation of a patient with pain:

C-haracter (sharp, dull, crampy, burning, etc.)
L-ocation (where is the pain located?)
I-ntensity (how bad is the pain on a 1-10 scale)
T-iming (when does the pain occur?)
O-nset (when did the pain initially begin?)
R-adiation (does the pain radiate; if so, where?)
I-rritating and alleviating factors (what makes the pain worse or better)
S-ymptoms associated with the pain (e.g., nausea, sweating, blood in the urine, etc.)


All rights reserved worldwide. Copyright 2005, Theodore X. O'Connell, M.D.

1 Comments:

At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Online curbs in China
CHINA'S decision to impose further restrictions on internet communication illustrates that the country's economic rise is not being paralleled by a greater tolerance towards freedom of speech.
Hi my name's Tony, i'm just blogging around nice little one you have here...mine is still a work in progress,as most of my time goes on my Anti Virus
related site Anti Virus is my passion...lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home